BBC’s Stuart Hall Sentenced for Paedophilia

BBC’s Stuart Hall Sentenced for Paedophilia

Veteran TV presenter, Stuart Hall indecently assaulted 13 girls, aged nine to 17, 14 times over 18 years reports Daily Mail. Hall aged 83 was sentenced July 25 2013

Three Appeal Court judges ruled that his original 15-month term was ‘inadequate’ and should be increased to 30 months, but even that is not enough. Three judges led by the Lord Chief Justice Lord Judge, agreed that Hall should have been jailed for longer.

Hall had ‘got away’ with his crimes for years because of his celebrity status, judges said today

Hall, a married father-of-two, had admitted sexually assaulting 13 girls aged nine to 17 over nearly 20 years.

His initial sentence handed down last month was heavily criticised by his  victims, child protection campaigners and senior politicians.

Hall had initially dismissed their claims as ‘cruel,  pernicious and spurious’ in a  statement made on the steps of a court.

In a lengthy ruling, Lord Judge said that Hall knew the truth and was fully alert to the possible advantages of manipulating the media.

At that point, hoping to escape justice and trying to use the media to possibly influence potential jurors, he  ‘traduced’ 13 women who had been assaulted by him.

Lord Judge said: ‘He did plead guilty but not before he had publicly and deliberately attacked the victims.’

Lord Judge said Hall ‘got away with it’ for decades and had ‘lived a lie for more than half of his life’. At the end of yesterday’s hearing, he concluded: ‘Making every allowance that can reasonably be made, this sentence was inadequate.

‘We have to record that the successful career hardly provides mitigation. On the contrary, it was the career that put him in a position of trust that he was then able to exploit.’

It contributed to his image as a cheerful, fun-loving, ‘fundamentally decent man’. It also reinforced the view ‘that effectively he was untouchable’.

The judge said that, to his victims, Hall must have seemed a ‘figure of power and authority and influence’. After the ruling in London, Mr Grieve said: ‘I hope this case has highlighted that historical sexual offences are always taken very seriously and shows that the law still applies, whoever the offender may be.’

Unfortunately, they are still covering up for the influential people at the top who are not in the entertainment industry.

The Mail revealed this month that Hall has also tried to buy off his victims with as little as £2,000 to stop them seeking further compensation.

Miss Wright was the first of Hall’s victims to make a formal complaint to police.

She said: ‘When he picked on me, he picked on the wrong person.

‘I was convinced I can’t have been the only one and I felt it my duty to report it, in case there was someone out there who daren’t. Someone who’d suffered more than me. I know I did the right thing, but I didn’t do it for me, it was for the other women.’

Susan Harrison said she was 16 when the presenter lured her to BBC studios in 1967 on the false pretext of helping her record a song.

Hall attacked her in his car while driving her home.

She said ‘I was so shocked and terrified. I couldn’t do anything as I had frozen. It went on for a couple of minutes.

‘I was scared and I just wanted it all to go away.’

Miss Harrison suffered with depression for years as a result of the abuse.

‘Every time I saw him on TV, I would turn it off,’ she said.

‘I absolutely couldn’t stand to see him smiling and joking.

‘He was standing there presenting this persona but he had ruined my life.’

Source*

Related Topics:

Another Paedophile Elite Charged!*

British Paedophilia Victim Speaks Out!*