Saudi Set to Implode*
Mujtahid, a Saudi political activist who is believed to be a member of or have a well-connected source in the royal family, disclosed in his latest tweets that influential princes with monarchical power plan to topple King Salman bin Abdulaziz by declaring him mentally incapable.
Mujtahid quoted Prince Saud Bin Seif Al-Nasr, the grandson of the former king, as saying that King Salman’s totally wrong decisions resulted from his mental incapability has convinced the Saudi princes and monarchy to make some changes in the ruling system.
According to the activist, prince Ahmed bin Abdul Aziz, the son of the former Saudi king, is due to replace King Salman.
Ahmed bin Abdul Aziz assumes himself as the legitimate and legal crown prince and hasn’t taken the oath of allegiance with Muhammad bin Naif bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the crown prince, and Mohammad bin Salman Al Saud, the deputy crown prince.
Mujtahid quoted Prince Saud Bin Seif Al-Nasr as saying that now that all rights have been trampled, the budget has been looted and the Saudi policy has become chaotic, the only way left is to resort to prince Ahmed bin Abdul Aziz after God.
Also, earlier this month, sources in Saudi Arabia revealed that a group of princes have worked out a plan to stand up to King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef.
Jamal Bin, a prominent Saudi activist who writes about the events within the Saudi monarchy on his tweeter page, disclosed concerted efforts by a number of Saudi princes, including Tallal, Ahmed and Mota’b, to take an immediate and integrated position against the events happening in Saudi Arabia.
According to him, the Saudi princes are seeking to save their country from the adventurism of Mohammed bin Nayef and his deputy Mohammed bin Salman who are named by Jamal Bin as “teenagers who have perpetrated a coup”.
His remarks came after a source said last month that Saudi king’s younger half-brother Muqrin bin Abdulaziz is under house arrest after being relieved of his duties as crown prince.
Asa’ad Omabiya Abu Qalilah, an independent Libyan journalist and writer who has links within the Saudi monarchy, said that Muqrin cannot visit anyone or receive any guests at his palace.
On April 29, King Salman relieved Muqrin of his duties as crown prince and appointed his nephew, Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, as the new heir apparent.
It is the first time that a grandson of the founder of the country (Ibn Saud), rather than a son, has been appointed crown prince.
Mohamed bin Nayef, 55, the grandson of the founder of Saudi Arabia, was appointed as crown prince and also minister of interior.
Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal was also replaced by Saudi Ambassador to Washington Adel al-Jubair.
The changes signaled a major shift at the top of the ruling Al Saud family away from princes chosen by the late King Abdullah, who died in January, and towards those close to the new monarch.
Earlier reports from inside the Saudi family said that Muqrin was bribed by King Salman bin Abdulaziz to be relieved of his duties as crown prince to push his son up the ladder to be the next king.
Mujtahid, a Saudi political activist who is believed to be a member of or have a well-connected source in the royal family, said in his latest tweets that the king’s son, Muhammad bin Salman who is trying to become the next king, has proposed to pay a $10 billion sum to Muqrin.
Meantime, Muhammad bin Salman has opened hundreds of Twitter accounts and recruited many employees to publicize for him in their accounts.
Najran Tribes Declare War on Riyadh
The tribal people living in the Saudi border city of Najran in a statement voiced opposition to Riyadh’s strikes on Yemen and declared war against the Saudi regime.
“The Najran tribes in a statement declared war against the occupying Saudi regime, stressing that the House of Saud represents corruption on the Earth and sheds the bloods of innocent people across the globe in a very routine and normal manner,” activist Abdulaziz Farid told FNA on Monday.
According to Farid, the statement also added that “the seditionist Saudi regime wants to turn the Najran region into the forefront of war against its brothers and neighbours and has used this region for artillery attacks against Yemen since the second week of the war” on the Yemeni people.
He underlined that the tribes in Najran will rise against the Saudi regime for its aggression against Yemen and will fight against the Saudi forces.
His remarks came after Saudi Minister of the National Guard Mutaib bin Abdullah sent gifts, worth several millions of Rials, to the Arab sheikhs in Najran in the Southeastern parts of the country to dissuade them from hosting and supporting Yemen’s Ansarullah movement.
Yemen’s Khabar news agency reported last week that Mutaib has paid 1mln Saudi rials (approximately 250,000 US dollar) to each tribal leaders and sheikhs in Najran along with an appreciation letter to keep them on Riyadh’s side.
The Saudi activists have released documents showing one-million-rial checks sent for Hossein Mahdi al-Haidar, Massoud Bin Mahdi al-Haidar, Sal Ibn Naji and others who are among the Nijran leaders.
The Najran tribes’ statement in opposition to using the region as a frontline to attack Yemen showed that their leaders have not accepted the checks.
Also yesterday reports said that a large number of Saudi nationals are on the verge of starvation as a result of intensified attacks by the Yemeni forces on the border regions and the Riyadh government’s lack of attention.
“As the clashes between the Yemeni revolutionary forces and Saudi forces have intensified in Najran province in Southwestern Saudi Arabia and near the border with Yemen in recent days, hundreds of residents of border regions who have fled the fighting are facing famine due to an acute shortage of foodstuff,” Talal Ahmed, a Saudi political activist, told FNA on Sunday.
He underlined that a large number of families in the border regions of Saudi Arabia cannot meet their daily needs, and complained that “the Saudi army has looted the houses of these people”.