Archive | September 30, 2015

Russian Air Force Hit 8 ISIL Targets in Syria*

Russian Air Force Hit 8 ISIL Targets in Syria*

Russia has struck eight Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) targets in Syria, the country’s Defense Ministry said, adding that civilian infrastructure was avoided during the operations.

Today, Russian aerospace force jets delivered pinpoint strikes on eight ISIS terror group targets in Syria. In total, 20 flights were made,” spokesperson for the Russian Defense Ministry, Igor Konashenkov, said.

As a result, arms and fuel depots and military equipment were hit. ISIS coordination centres in the mountains were totally destroyed,” he added.

Konashenkov said that all the flights took place after air surveillance and careful verification of the data provided by the Syrian military. He stressed that Russian jets did not target any civilian infrastructure and avoided these territories.

Russian jets did not use weapons on civilian infrastructure or in its vicinity,” he said.

Earlier in the day, the Russian military announced the start of air operations in Syria in order to help the government fight terrorist forces. Syrian state television named at least seven areas targeted by the air strikes.

They included areas around the cities of Homs and Hama, which are 44 kilometers apart, according to various media reports.

Some reports also alleged that Russian jets hit a Free Syrian Army-controlled areas.

The targeted areas in today’s Russian air raid in Homs were those areas which fought ISIL and defeated it a year ago,” head of the Turkey-based Syrian National Coalition Khaled Khoja claimed, adding that at least 36 civilians had been killed in five different areas during the strikes.

The US said that Moscow warned them of its actions one hour prior to the flights. Russia also urged Washington to clear the skies for its operations, but the US said it would not comply.

The US-led coalition will continue to fly missions over Iraq and Syria as planned and in support of our international mission to degrade and destroy ISIL (Islamic State),” US State Department spokesman John Kirby said.

Washington expects that conversations will take place with Moscow about operations in Syria.

Source*

Related Topics:

Syrian Government Forces Regain Control of ISIS Held Territories*

Russian Air Forces gets Syria’s Permission*

Iraq Agrees to Share Intelligence with Russia, Iran and Syria against ISIS*

France launches Airstrikes in Syria*

Syrian Army Kills 80 Terrorists in Lattakia, destroys tunnel in Aleppo*

Russia Constructs first Foreign Camp in Syria for Internally Displaced*

Obama’s Program in Disarray having Spent $41mn Training ” Five” Syrian Rebels*

Advertisements

Canada Parliament Committee Calls for “Protection of Vulnerable Groups” from Wi-fi*

Canada Parliament Committee Calls for “Protection of Vulnerable Groups” from Wi-fi*

By Andy M.

The Standing Committee on Health of the House of Commons in the Canadian Parliament issued a report on radio frequency electromagnetic radiation and health in June, 2015.  

The  Committee held public hearings regarding Health Canada’s Safety Code 6 recommended limits on safe human exposure to radio frequency (RF) radiation.

Witnesses testified to the Committee or submitted briefs that raised concerns about the adequacy of Safety Code 6 to protect the population from health risks due to RF radiation.

Concerns were raised that the Royal Society of Canada’s review of Safety Code 6 for Health Canada was biased. That the review excluded 140 key research studies was of concern to Canadians for Safe Technology (C4ST). Health Canada admitted that 36 of these studies which demonstrated health risks from exposures below the safety limit “were considered to be in scope and of sufficient quality for risk assessment.”

The witnesses discussed possible links between RF exposure and cancer, reproductive issues and autism. Concerns were raised about RF exposure in schools due to use of Wi-Fi; the need for RF exposure limits to protect vulnerable populations such as pregnant women, infants and children, and persons with electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS).

Most submissions recommended lowering the RF exposure limits in Safety Code 6. Russia, China, Italy and Switzerland were cited as examples of nations with lower exposure limits than Canada (or the U.S.). C4ST recommended “precautionary approaches regarding exposures to electromagnetic radiation from wireless communications devices that are as Low as Reasonably Achievable (ALARA).”

The Standing Committee on Health made the following recommendations in their report to the Parliament (pp. 25-26):

Recommendation 1: That the Government of Canada, in collaboration with the health departments of the provinces and territories, examine existing cancer data collection methods to improve the collection of information relating to wireless device use and cancer.

Recommendation 2: That Statistics Canada consider including questions related to electromagnetic hypersensitivity in the Canadian Community Health Survey.

Recommendation 3: That the Government of Canada, through the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, consider funding research into electromagnetic hypersensitivity testing, diagnosis and treatment, and its possible impacts on health in the workplace.

Recommendation 4: That the Canadian Medical Association, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the World Health Organization consider updating their guidelines and continuing education materials regarding the diagnosis and treatment of electromagnetic hypersensitivity to ensure they are based on the latest scientific evidence and reflect the symptoms of affected Canadians.

Recommendation 5: That the Government of Canada continue to provide reasonable accommodations for environmental sensitivities, including electromagnetic hypersensitivity, as required under the Canadian Human Rights Act.

Recommendation 6: That Health Canada ensure the openness and transparency of its processes for the review of Safety Code 6, so that all Canadians have an opportunity to be informed about the evidence considered or excluded in such reviews, that outside experts are provided full information when doing independent reviews, and that the scientific rationale for any change is clearly communicated.

Recommendation 7: That the Government of Canada establish a system for Canadians to report potential adverse reactions to radiofrequency fields.

Recommendation 8: That an independent scientific body recognized by Health Canada examine whether measures taken and guidelines provided in other countries, such as France and Israel, to limit the exposure of vulnerable populations, including infants, and young children in the school environment, to radiofrequencies should be adopted in Canada.

Recommendation 9: That the Government of Canada develop an awareness campaign relating to the safe use of wireless technologies, such as cell phones and Wi-Fi, in key environments such as the school and home to ensure that Canadian families and children are reducing risks related to radiofrequency exposure.

Recommendation 10: That Health Canada conduct a comprehensive review of all existing literature relating to radiofrequency fields and carcinogenicity based on international best practices.

Recommendation 11: That the Government of Canada, through the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, consider funding research into the link between radiofrequency fields and potential health effects such as cancer, genetic damage, infertility, impairment to development and behaviour, harmful effects to eyes and on the brain, cardiovascular, biological and biochemical effects.

Recommendation 12: That the Government of Canada and manufacturers consider policy measures regarding the marketing of radiation emitting devices to children under the age of 14, in order to ensure they are aware of the health risks and how they can be avoided.”

“Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Radiation and the Health of Canadians.” Report of the Standing Committee on Health, 41st Parliament, Second Session. House of Commons, Canada. June 2015. http://bit.ly/RF-EMR-Report-Canada-2015

Source*

Related Topics:

WiFi — an Invisible Threat to all Life*

Why Two Canadian Schools Have Stopped Using Wi-Fi*

Warning from UK medical Doctors on Health and Safety of Wi-Fi and Mobile Phones

Principal of Australian Girls School Resigns Over Wi-Fi*

Wi-fi Affects the Memory*

Parents Sue School over Son’s ‘Wi-Fi Allergy’*

Lloyds Nullifies Health Insurance against Mobiles Phones, Wi-Fi and EMF/EMR*

Conscientious Scientists Make an Int’l Appeal on the Wide-scale Problem of Wi-fi*

French Woman Wins Disability for ‘Wi-fi Allergy’*

Wi-Fi from Space – Don’t get Excited Google and Co Just Dumbing You Down*

Son Died from Wi-Fi Induced Brain Cancer Parents Say*

Brussels Demands extra €519m from U.K. Taxpayers*

Brussels Demands extra €519m from U.K. Taxpayers*

Britain has no control over how the European Union (EU) spends UK taxpayers’ money at a time when Brussels is asking domestic governments to engage in austerity at home, a leading policy analyst has warned.

Business for Britain campaign director Robert Oxley sharply criticized the EU on Wednesday after it emerged Britons face an additional EU bill of £384 million (€519 million) in 2016.

National ministers across Europe had agreed upon a €142.1 billion EU budget for 2016 in July, slashing the European Commission’s (EC) proposal by €1.4 billion.

However, the European Parliament’s (EP) budget committee has hit back, moving to increase spending by €3 billion.

The EP’s reversal of the cuts defies the demands of domestic governments, and is expected to become policy next month. It will likely anger Prime Minister David Cameron and Euroskeptics.

The €3-billion increase would ramp up Britain’s EU bill for 2016 to more than £12.5 billion (€17 billion) and risks derailing the PM’s agenda of limiting Brussels’ spending.

Cameron has sought to put a cap on the UK’s EU contributions prior to a referendum on Britain’s EU membership planned for 2017. Critics warn the spending row could eclipse Cameron’s negotiations aimed at reforming the EU prior to the vote.

The proposed €3-billion spending increase casts doubt over a deal the PM brokered to cap EU budgets in the long term. Secured in 2013, the agreement was hailed as “historic” at the time.

In a move to increase the EU’s budget, MEPs invoked an “exceptional circumstances” clause so that an additional €1.2 billion could be gathered from national parliaments to tackle the global refugee crisis and €500 million could be gathered to assist dairy farmers hit by a drop in milk prices.

However, Euroskeptic critics note the same piece of legislation was used in 2014 and risks becoming a pattern that could unravel Britain’s spending cap for 2014-2020.

Policy analyst for Britain’s Open Europe think tank Pawel Swidlicki said the EU should channel its resources from “wasteful and inefficient” areas of spending towards more pressing concerns. Such a move, he argued, could replace the need for spending increases.

Included in the EU’s budget for 2016, is an extra €18,000 in allowances for MEP assistants. This pay increase would offer each of the EP’s 751 deputies a yearly staffing budget of €275,000.

This seven-percent budgetary increase translates as a €207 million (£149 million) bill for MEPs’ personal assistants at a time when the EU is pushing for cuts to welfare pensions in many economically struggling Eurozone states.

EU finance ministers are set to debate the EP’s proposed spending increase in two weeks. However, they do not have the power to override MEPs.

Source*

Related Topics:

Merkel Tells Cameron Support E.U. Military in exchange for EU negotiation Talks*

Tyranny of Taxation and Regulation without Representation*

“Is This The Truth About Tax’s”

U.K.: Can you Cut Public Spending to 1930s Level with 2014-18 Cost of Living?*

93k UK Children Go Hungry*

U.K. Pensions to Fund Budget Cuts*

U.K. Tories’ Budget Would Institute ‘two-child policy’*

The E.U.’s Dictatorship*

Europe’s Vindictive Privatization Plan for Greece*

Greece is now a Colony of the E.U.*

Russian Air Forces gets Syria’s Permission*

Russian Air Forces gets Syria’s Permission*

In response to questions about the presence of Russian air forces in Syria, the Presidency of the Syrian Arab Republic said that the sending of Russian air forces was carried out upon a request of the Syrian state conveyed via a letter sent by President Bashar al-Assad to President Vladimir Putin.

A statement issued by the Presidency said that after the Russian Federation Council ratified a bill allowing President Putin to deploy Russian air forces abroad, questions were directed to the Presidency about the formula regulating the presence of Russian air forces in Syria, and the statement asserted that relations between states are governed by international accords, laws, and agreements signed between states for realizing their peoples’ interests and guaranteeing the safety and integrity of their lands.

The statement said that based on that, the sending of Russia air forces to Syria was carried out upon the request of the Syrian state via a message sent by President al-Assad and President Putin which included an invitation to send Russian air forces within the framework of President Putin’s initiative to combat terrorism.

Hazem Sabbagh

Source*

Related Topics:

Iraq Agrees to Share Intelligence with Russia, Iran and Syria against ISIS*

Anti-war Protesters in Germany Slam U.S/. Drone Strikes*

France launches Airstrikes in Syria*

Syrian Government Forces Regain Control of ISIS Held Territories*

The U.N.: Pretending to Oppose War for 70 Years – An Open Letter*

Palestine Ends Two-State System, Returns to Occupied Status*

Palestine Ends Two-State System, Returns to Occupied Status*

Mahmoud Abbas says Palestine will go back to being a state under occupation, and that Israel must bear responsibility for the breakdown of peace agreements.

Gaza-Rafah Border2Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas spoke at the United Nations General Assembly Wednesday, hours after Israel launched airstrikes on Gaza, announcing that his country will no longer abide by the peace agreements with Israel, and that Palestine will go back to being a state under occupation.

“Israel has thus left us no choice but to insist that we will not remain the only ones committed to the continuation of those agreements while Israel continuously violates them,” he said.

“As long as Israel is not committed … we for our part are not committed and Israel must bear full responsibility,” he argued, making it clear however that Palestine will not resort to violence.

Abbas had hinted he would drop a “bombshell” in his speech. Early in the speech he said,

The continuation of the status quo is unacceptable, because it means giving in to brutal force inflicted by the Israeli government.”

teleSUR’s correspondent in Gaza, Noor Harazeen reported Tuesday that the announcement might have involved a threat to dissolve the Oslo Accords, which set up the current governance arrangement, known as the two-state solution, between Israel and the Palestinian Authority 20 years ago, and re-declare Palestine an occupied territory.

Abbas declared,

 “We will not accept temporary solutions or a fragmented state,” continuing,

“We will seek to form a national unity government.”

Just an hour before, speaking at the U.N. Security Council, Venezuela also called on the U.N. to not “be hypocritical” and to be a leader in enforcing international law, which Israel is violating, and combat terrorism at its roots. Venezuela accused the Israeli state of terrorist acts against Palestine.

Abbas demanded U.N. support:

“I call on the U.N. … to protect the people of Palestine … we need your protection … we are being hit from all sides, we have no protector … please, please please, we call upon you, we plead with you.”

Abbas said that his country must be included in a solution, “It is from Palestine and with Palestine that peace will be achieved.”

He thanked those European countries that this year changed their position on the legitimacy of Palestinian statehood.

“If you support the two-state solution then you have to recognize both states,” he urged the rest of the world.

Context

Harazeen says that Abbas is between a rock and a hard place and that his speech should either be strong enough to take a true stand on behalf of his people, or he risks being called weak in the face of Israeli aggression. Ma’an news agency reports that the Hamas movement, which shares power with Abbas’ Fatah party in the Palestinian Authority, had urged Abbas to call off all agreements with Israel in his U.N. speech.

Abbas’ speech was prefaced by an article he wrote for The Huffington Post on Tuesday, where he accuses Israel of “ethnic cleansing,” and that what Palestinians are going through is “even more dire” than apartheid.

“While the Israeli government pays lip service to the two-state solution internationally, domestically it employs policies aimed at destroying what’s left of Palestine,” he wrote.

Israel’s renewed aggression toward Palestine in recent weeks alone, Harazeen says, shows Israel is not willing to work within the peace agreement. It has bombed the Palestinian enclave of Gaza on two separate occasions and there has been Israeli police brutality towards Muslim worshipers at the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem.

Abbas will go directly to the U.N. rose garden, where he will participate in a ceremony with Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to raise the Palestinian flag for the first time at the United Nations, in spite of condemnation from Israel.

Source*

Related Topics:

Israel Imposes Lockdown on Palestine*

Egypt Rapped Over ‘Mass Home Demolitions and Evictions*

Israel Embassy in Cairo Reopens after 4-year Hiatus*

Israel is Bombing Gaza Again and Anonymous Just Hacked the Government In Response*

Israeli Soldier Strangle-holds Palestinian Boy*

The Israeli Invasion and Gaza’s Offshore Gas Fields*

Israel Considers Full Annexation of Sinai*

A Zionist to Head U.S.’s Economic Warfare Division*

U.K.’s Israeli Lobby gets a Seat on the House of Lords*

An Unorthodox Rabbi Who Allied Himself With Prophet Muhammad*

Christians Decry Israeli Restrictions on Holy Sites*

The Brothers who Funded Blair, Israeli Settlements and Islamophobia*

What Burning a Baby says about Israel*

Israel Blocking Repair of Gaza Electricity Grids*

U.K. Lifts Restrictions on Arms to Israel*

Threats from the U.S. as Palestine Submits Formal Complaint to ICC*