Archive | May 24, 2016

Japan Officially asked the U.S. to Stop Military-related Rapes*

Japan Officially asked the U.S. to Stop Military-related Rapes*

Japan has formally asked the U.S. to stop its military-related rapes, deaths, and other violence in the region. The nation’s prime minister publicly stated last week that he had “no words to express” his feelings regarding a recent incident that involved the disappearance of a woman, and the involvement of an American working on a U.S. military base who was arrested on suspicion of her disappearance. The Japanese leader told the public that he urged the U.S. to “take thorough measures to prevent the recurrence” of any similar events in the future.

It’s alleged that there is increasing discontent in the region as anti-U.S. Military sentiment grows in Okinawa and other areas. Locals are allegedly upset over a heavy troop presence there and there are repeated instances of claims regarding violent encounters between American military personnel and locals. The Defense Department has said that the man arrested in regards to the recent disappearance of the woman, was a U.S. military contractor and their spokesman, Peter Cook, extended his apologies over the tragedy. For now, Okinawa is home to roughly 50,000 American troops who are based in Japan, and it is alleged that there are many complaints over noise and crime that are in relation to the U.S. bases.

A large rally is expected to be held in Okinawa to protest the latest crime involving the disappearance of the woman. The organizers include local political parties, businesses, citizen groups, and others. It is expected that the rally will be held next month. This recent incident has stirred-up past memories for locals there that remember when a 12-year-old schoolgirl in Okinawa was raped by three U.S. servicemen. Following that incident there was a protest of roughly 85,000 people back in 1995.

The former U.S. marine that was arrested last week, Kenneth Franklin Shinzato, is alleged to have dumped the body of Rina Shimabukuro, a 20-year-old office worker. It is expected that the Okinawa Governor, Takeshi Onaga, will likely attend the upcoming rally. It has been claimed that there are at least 30 different groups involved in organizing the upcoming rally.

When it comes to the endless number of U.S. bases overseas, former Congressman and veteran Ron Paul recommends a different foreign policy approach to the norm, he suggests that the U.S. should stop spending trillions of dollars maintaining the empire. He suggests that the U.S. should close its military bases around the world and focus on its own people at home.

“Why are we in Korea? We’ve been there since I’ve been in high school, why are we in Japan? We’ve been there since WW2, why are we in Germany, subsidizing their welfare state by paying for their defence by staying in Germany? And why are we in five wars in the Middle East?… We’re less safe because of this, we’re going broke, and it undermines our national security, there’s no economic or military advantage to be so involved…” he says.

And after trillions of dollars spent and thousands of lives lost, what has really been achieved? Besides the many civil liberties that have been eroded, when is it time to consider a different approach; one that doesn’t tarnish the economy, tens of thousands of families and individuals, and the reputation of a nation? But with so many who have a vested interest in the continuation of the war machine, it isn’t likely that we will see the topic of peace trending very much in the future.

 Source*

Related Topics:

Okinawa Rejects Permits for New US Military Base*

Okinawa Governor Says No to US Base Relocation*

A New U.S. Radar for Japan!?

Against Massive Protests Japan Passes New War Bill for the NWO*

Korean Women Sue US Military for Forced Prostitution*

US Military Sexually Abused 54 Colombian Children*

Obama Spent $700 Million Promoting Homosexuality Overseas*

U.S. Rape and Sodomy of Iraqi Women and Children*

The West Exports Porn, Casual Sex, and the Blood of the pre-born not Freedom*

Advertisements

Brazilian Musicians Mount an Orchestra against Brazil’s Interim Government*

Brazilian Musicians Mount an Orchestra against Brazil’s Interim Government*

By Taisa Sganzerla

Musicians organized a “Concert for Democracy” at an occupied government building in Rio de Janeiro. Photo: Shared on Facebook

A few weeks ago, a famous Brazilian musician and critic wrote a poignant article pointing out how the events that have recently rocked Brazil lack a soundtrack, a musical dimension as in previous political upheavals in the 1960s and 1970s, when Brazilian popular music was at the centre stage.

Well, perhaps no more: Brazilian musicians are occupying and organizing in social media classical concerts in buildings owned by the Ministry of Culture, which was recently extinguished by Brazil’s interim president Michel Temer.

Check out this one, which took place in Rio de Janeiro at Palácio Capanema on May 17, in which the late German composer Carl Off’s “Carmina Burana” was turned into a chant of “Fora Temer” (Temer Out):

Organizers say a thousand people came to the event. This was the second concert organized by the group — the first was at a public square on May 5, before Dilma Rousseff was impeached and therefore before the Ministry of Culture was dissolved. Therefore the event had a whole significance this time.

Despite its interim character, Michel Temer’s government already announced drastic changes in Rousseff’s administration, from replacing the entire cabinet ministry to shifts on foreign policy. It has also announced a series of austerity measures like slashing cabinet posts, privatizing and outsourcing public companies, implementing changes in pension laws, and dropping more than a few hints that it wants to make worker protection laws more lax and downsize the public health care system. In his inaugural speech, Temer said he is committed to taming inflation and capping a budget deficit to put the economy back on track.

On May 12, the Brazilian Senate decided in favour of opening an impeachment trial against President Dilma Rousseff for allegedly committing fiscal trickery to hide a growing public deficit. She has to step aside for six months until a final trial, also in the Senate and presided by the president of the Supreme Court, will finally decide whether to unseat her. In a dramatic process that has engulfed Brazilian society as much as its politicians, Brazilians seem divided between those who campaigned for her ousting and those who see the process as a “soft coup”.

The extinction of the Ministry of Culture infuriated the arts world of Brazil. At the moment, artists of all stripes are occupying 18 state buildings owned by the office in 12 cities. Famous Brazilian singers and musicians are putting on concerts in some of them. Another orchestra concert is scheduled in São Paulo on May 25 — this one, however, at the Museum of Art of São Paulo (MASP), a major location of protests for and against the government since 2013.

Source*

Related Topics:

Brazil Explodes in Fight against Temer Coup Government*

First Interview with Brazil’s President Dilma Rousseff Since the Senate’s Impeachment Vote*

Terrorists Kill 100+ in Syrian Coastal Cities*

Terrorists Kill 100+ in Syrian Coastal Cities*

By Nahed Al-Husaini

At least 78 people were killed and scores were critically injured in a series of deadly terrorist bombings that rocked Tartous  and Jableh coastal cities on Monday morning.

This man is wanted by Syrian security services for his role in Jableh bombing

 

It is estimated that 45 people were killed and others, mostly women and children, were injured, in the terrorist attacks that hit Jableh city.

The twin suicide bombings targeted the main entrance of the bus station in Jableh city and another suicide bombing occurred near Jableh electricity Directorate on the outskirts of al-Amara residential neighbourhood.

The fourth suicide bomber blew himself up at the entrance of emergency department at Jableh National Hospital.

In Tartous, three terrorist bombings raved  the province this morning leaving more than 33 people killed and 47 others injured.

Saudi paid suicide bomber

 

A car bomb exploded at the bus station gate, while a suicide bomber blew himself up inside the station.

Another terrorist blew himself up in the residential suburb located in front of the bus station to the west of the city.

The bombings left huge material damage.

One suicide bomber was caught by the army and security services in Jablah before blowing himself up before the new bus station.

An eyewitness from lattakia says to VT

 “the suicide bombings is a prelude to an attack to be mounted by the militants Lattakia North rural areas after creating havoc inside the coastal cities.”

“More sleeper cells are projected to strike back as the expected attack will surpass security and intelligence estimations. “

A high informed source told VT that Ahrar Al Sham (the military wing of Muslim brothers) struck the coastal provinces of Syria after noticing that there is a security flaw regarding check points installed inside the cities.

The successive suicide attacks are unprecedented and can be considered as a major security breach, close to the Russian Base in Lattakia.

Source*

Related Topics:    

Syrian Forces Seize Turkish Aid Bound for ISIS*

3,000 Year Old Plan – The Real Nakba*

Hezbollah Captures CIA Officer in Aleppo, Commanding al Qaeda*

Three Children, a Woman Killed by U.S.-led Coalition’s Airstrikes in Deir Ezzor*

A Guaranteed way to Make the Whole World Islamophobic*

A Sea of Oil Tankers off the Coast Of Singapore*

U.S. Deploys Patriot Missiles to Protect ISIS Resupply*

Threatened ISIS Declares Emergency in Self-declared Capital Raqqa, Syria*

NATO Amassing Hostile Forces on Russia Borders not Seen Since the Invasion in 1941*

60,000-strong Rally in Brussels Clash with Belgian Police*

60,000-strong Rally in Brussels Clash with Belgian Police*

Belgian riot police deployed water cannons to disperse a major anti-austerity demonstration attended by tens of thousands of people in central Brussels. At least two policemen and several protesters have been injured.

Brussels’ main commissioner Pierre Vandersmissen was among the injured along with another policeman, local media reports citing Brussels police department.

Initially peaceful the rally that gathered some 60,000 people turned violent after a group of around 100 masked activists broke away from the main rally and started throwing objects at police and vandalizing publicity boards near Brussels South Station. Clashes broke out and police intervened using water cannons and – reportedly – tear gas. Reports say at least 10 people have been arrested so far.

Security measures were reinforced prior to Tuesday’s demonstration since the Brussels bombings two months ago.

The demonstration was called by the workers’ and trade unions under the slogan “enough is enough” to protest against what they dub “antisocial” government policies, which cut into the foundations of the country’s welfare system. Unions denounce budget cuts in public services and education, lack of jobs and the absence of social dialogue. They oppose the so-called ‘Peeters law’ which provides for the annualization of working time, making its distribution more flexible, and cutting overtime. Annualization means that the maximum number of hours an employee should work per week is calculated on an average yearly basis.

The demonstration was called by the workers’ and trade unions under the slogan “enough is enough” to protest against what they dub “antisocial” government policies, which cut into the foundations of the country’s welfare system. Unions denounce budget cuts in public services and education, lack of jobs and the absence of social dialogue. They oppose the so-called ‘Peeters law’ which provides for the annualization of working time, making its distribution more flexible, and cutting overtime. Annualization means that the maximum number of hours an employee should work per week is calculated on an average yearly basis.

 

This may allow greater flexibility for employers, giving them an opportunity to better regulate resources and workload. But people fear the concept could also give employers power to demand extra working hours when they want to without paying for overtime.

We have had more than enough of the constant attacks of the government and employers on workers’ money and their rights,” the protesters’ manifesto states.

Trade unions say that free market policies of current Prime Minister Charles Michel over the past two years have cost an average Belgian family some €100 ($112) a month, while his promise of extra jobs has not been fulfilled. They also call for the government to tackle tax evasion of businesses.

 Source*

Related Topics:

Paris Continues to Riot against the Labour Laws*

Soros-Obama-Merkel-Erdogan get Control of Europe!?*

War Criminal Blair to Eradicate European Culture to Create a United States of Europe*

Israel Helps Refugee Pawns Migration as Weapons of War in Europe*

Europe is Built on Corpses and Plunder*

The Genocide of the Peoples of Europe*