Rumi on Trusting Yourself*
Of all realized masters I find that Rumi had a way of speaking from the heart that not many could parallel. His words radiate compassion, unconditional love for others and most importantly oneself.
His teachings were many, but always voiced the importance of following ones intuition, trusting yourself, and not just believing but knowing that in life and in love, it will always find a way.
The wound is the place where the light enters you
2. There is a voice that doesn’t use words, listen.
4. Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world, today I am wise, so I am changing myself.
5. What you seek is seeking you.
6. In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.\Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
7. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
8. If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?
9. If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me
11. Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?
12. Everyone has been made for some particular work and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.
13. It’s your road and yours alone others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
15. Stop acting so small, you are the universe in ecstatic motion
16. Be patient where you sit in the dark, the dawn is coming
17. I know you’re tired but come, this is the way
18. These pains you feel are messengers, listen to them.
19. Your heart knows the way, run in that direction
20. Know that one day, your pain will become your cure
21. Raise your words not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers not thunder.
22. Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.
24. The universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself, everything that you want you already are.